Onsite Physiotherapy & Osteopathy
What is Onsite Physical Therapy?
Onsite Physiotherapy + Osteopathy Gold Coast Brisbane Melbourne. Early intervention to reduce aches, pains and musculoskeletal injuries at your workplace. Musculoskeletal injuries and the growing need to for health injury management has lead to Corporate Work Health Australia providing on site clinical services for workers. We provide qualified Physiotherapists and Osteopaths on site to allow for easy and accessible treatment and management of musculoskeletal injuries.
Corporate Work Health Australia is able to provide onsite Physical Therapy services from as little as 5 hours up to 30+ hours per week. On site consultations means less time spent away from work and a more rapid return to work. Musculoskeletal injuries, particularly lower back pain, are at epidemic proportions throughout Australia’s workforce and have become a costly financial burden for the employer, costing Australian employers $8billion in workers compensation premiums for the 2005-06 financial year. Many companies are finding it more cost effective to have one of our therapists attend the workplace and treat injured staff members, particularly companies that employ a large manual workforce.
Statistics and Research
104,770 serious claims were lodged in the 2015-16 financial year.
90% of serious claims were due to injuries and musculoskeletal disorders.
This can significantly decrease your costs by providing:
- Early intervention – Treatment and advice in the first 24 hours is essential in minimising the duration and severity of any workplace injury. OH&S staff will be notified within 2 hours of an injured workers diagnosis and management plan.
- Fewer lost days from work – Treatment of injuries on-site means fewer consultations off-site, thereby reducing the time away from work for travel and treatment. We can advise on suitable duties plans to minimise or avoid days off and the cost of replacing the injured worker.
- Reduction in workcover claims – Injuries which are treated on-site and managed immediately have shown to reduce the frequency of workcover claims. This equates to a significant cost saving to the employer.
- Enhanced employee health and wellbeing – A healthy pain free employee is far more productive than someone in pain.
- An efficient return to work and monitoring process – Working together the therapist, health and safety staff and management can design and manage the post injury return to work process safely and efficiently. Employees can also be directed to more appropriate means of treatment if required.
- Return to work matters! – Work absence tends to perpetuate itself; for example, the longer someone is off work, the less likely they are to return to work. If the person is off work for*:
- 20 days the chance of ever getting back to work is 70 per cent
- 45 days the chance of ever getting back to work is 50 per cent
- 70 days the chance of ever getting back to work is 35 per cent.
*Royal College of Physicians Consensus Statement (2011). Realising the Health Benefits of Work
Return to Work Strategy
- Having a practitioner onsite means less time spent on the phone communicating between patient, practitioner and company.
- It also means the practitioner will have a much better understanding of the work environment and job tasks.
- This will enable the practitioner to make a better informed decision regarding the return to work strategy. Please contact one of our offices for individual costing or to discuss the possibility of onsite injury management.